DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The field support role is instrumental in our service delivery model. As the hands and feet of our organization you are expected to have a broad range of expertise in computer networking, troubleshooting application performance issues, end user support, troubleshooting hardware issues and managing data.
These duties will include, but are not limited to,the following:
- Asset management of computer equipment including hardware and software licensing.
- Deployment of computer hardware including computers, mobile devices, physical & virtual servers, storage arrays, network equipment, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Providing remote and onsite support services to our Clients.
- Proactively identify problem areas in customers environment to proactively prevent problems, outages etc.
- Lead technical issue resolution teams to provide effective solutions to correct issues. Assume technical leadership and ownership of complex technical issues.
- Liaison with other IT support teams to identify and manage system priorities, troubleshoot technical issues and develop long term strategies.
- Create long-term plans to maximize technology reliability,prediction/prevention of failure, and prevention of accidents. Provides timely resolution to complex,emergent and long-term architectural issues.
- Lead the investigation and analysis of, and act as a key decision maker in new functionality and technologies related to all Service Desk initiatives.
- Recommend integration opportunities, process improvements and system solutions to assist business objectives.
- Contribute technical advice to known or anticipated problems for immediate resolution or for preventative operations ensuring negligible Business downtime.
- Assisting the operations team where we need a senior technical resource to handle an urgent issue or provide assistance in meeting service levels.
- Conduct audits of environments to ensure they meet or exceed Lexcom’s quality standards and technical specifications.
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects to successful completion.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events,publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- To provide overall project management for ongoing revenue-generation initiatives.
- Design, Document, implement and manage new processes and procedures that align with Service Desk strategic initiatives.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Combining business requirements, enterprise IT standards and policies,and best practices to deliver the most favorable technical solution to a customer´s problem.
- Communication with clients as required: Keeping them informed of incident progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Work closely with executive to implement corporate policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide management consultation regarding technical solutions and/or regulatory options to complex issues.
- Provide leadership, Coaching and Mentorship to the team.
- Solid understanding of computing trends, new technology, positioning technology to solve problems, security models, networking, cloud computing.
- Exceptional customer service (in politically charged or sensitive account environments), overall communication and technical writing skills.